Saturday, August 22, 2009

More Maya Fun!!!




Hey there followers and passerbys.

Here is a little preview of a detective office I modeled using Maya. The program is a lot of fun and a lot to learn, but slowly and surely I am picking up on it.

The scene is a 70's detective office, belonging to the much feared and respected, Chief Roger Kelly of the South City precinct. I have this weird obsession with everything 70's. I just am really attracted to the era. The color palettes are so Awesome! 70% desaturated 30% highly saturated. pure GENIUS.

I will post more pictures as soon as I properly light and texture the scene, but the jest is apparent in this image.

Thanks for poppin' your noggin' in.
Over and out.

6 comments:

  1. outstanding lyle, not quite sure how you do it. keep up the amazing work. peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god Lyle, some one broke the slacker habbit. And did so with ease! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks nice overall!
    the 2 lamps on the wall feel a bit too hot, I would tone them down a little bit.
    most objects don't feel grounded, you might benefit froma adding a little bit of occlusion in the shadows..
    the corners of the room look too bright, they usually are the darkest parts of a wall, you might look into that too.
    overall the image might benefit from adding a clear focus, like a spot where the eyes are meant to go; right now everything seems to have the same importance, it might be worth trying to darken some areas and brightening others so you can direct the viewers eyes a bit more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've already heard my comments on this piece in person...looking forward to that big update! >_<

    hope Denver and California's treating you well.

    ReplyDelete